Wednesday 6 February 2008

Eye update

Yesterday was my first eye check up in a while, and it went rather well. There was some stabbing of the eyes and some magic drops that really dilated my pupils and blocked my ciliary muscles to test my eye sight and were quite happy. The conclusions so far:

- It isn't a neuro problem. Woo!
- There is a problem with a muscle that control eye movement.
- It may resolve itself with the prisms in my glasses
- Glasses must come off for close up work

If things aren't much better by the next check-up there will be a conversation about an operation to remove the aforementioned muscle and put it somewhere better so my eyes work perfectly (ish). It apparently only takes a day, although there would be a general anaesthetic and I'm guessing a neuromuscular blocker as well as some interesting things afterwards such as patches. But I intend to get fixed before that. Having eyes cut in to at exam time would not be the best plan.

The next appointment is in May so we shall see what happens between now and then. There are some things that need to be done first. Some scary, some less scary, some fun.

No comments: