Thursday 25 September 2008

Exams And Rectal Palpation

Seems an odd way to start a new year doesn't it? I was somewhat surprised myself!

After a couple of busy days things are starting to become more settled with a couple of hours of free time to relax. Tuesday was especially long seeing me leave the flat at 8am and not getting back until 11pm. I had the rectal palpation class in the morning and then an equine clinic in the afternoon!

Exam today was testing our communication skills with clients in a veterinary environment. We were briefed on the situation and told the get the client. I think it all went well, but found it really hard to concentrate without the focus of an animal in the room. Instead there was a stuffed toy cat in a box. When I've been in practice I've taken a history before, but always with an animal present so I can ask about the body systems as I examine Fluffy. No such luck this time.

Off climbing this evening to see if my foot holds up. If not I may have to visit a medic. Urgh.

No comments: