Wednesday 8 October 2008

Reflection

Part of the vet course now is to maintain a professional portfolio about our work and to reflect on feedback we obtain, how we cope with group work etc. This is compulsory, and it seems to be a rather large waste of time at the moment.

There are numerous bits of paper we have to sign and keep in the portfolio. Failure to do so results in us failing the year. I've spent the better part of a day trying to track down these bits of paper and reflection forms that I must get printed out and stuck in the file. It is something apparently a prospective employer will ask to see, although some it is a private that we don't have to show anyone. Maybe. The rules are unclear here. It seems to be a rush job with not many people knowing what's going on!

At the moment it seems like paperwork for the sake of it - I doubt any employer will care that I signed my health and safety document in 3rd year of university. Do they have a right to see my EMS reports and forms? What if I don't get on with the placement supervisor?

I can think of better things to be doing with my time.

No comments: