Wednesday 8 April 2009

Another Week

Another week of EMS, more fun stories about the various "oh shit!" moments and stupid mistakes I've made. Thankfully not too many this week except for some pretty terrible bandaging and covering a vet in cold drip fluid. Ooops.

Despite washing every day (go me!) I seem to always smell of cow or sheep and miss a spot of blood/poo on my arm or my shirt. In fact I've scrubbed up so many times over the past few days my hands are starting to take offence and are in desperate need of moisturiser!

Moment of the week - getting an IV in a fat dog with crap veins first time. Doesn't matter that I missed in a cow with veins the size of a hosepipe, the dog was a good shot.

After on call tomorrow there are a few days off (!) which so far I haven't filled with climbing. There will be a puppy walk on the beach, buying of some climbing gear and maybe time sleep if I'm not too busy revising.

No comments: