Tuesday 21 December 2010

Still Learning

It's nearly Christmas time! I'm thankfully not on call for Christmas Day, but I am surrounding both Christmas and New Year. It's to be expected I think. Don't really mind as I'm not heading home anyway.

Work continues as usual. After the bad couple of weeks with many euthanasia consultations it seems to have calmed down for now. I did my 2nd bitch spay today. It seemed to go ok, no oozing from the stumps, happy with all my ligatures and closure. She should be back in a couple of days for a post-op check so we will see then.

We've got a great vet student with us this week - someone I know from uni. I'm quizzing her on various cases I've seen, and learning in the process. I have learned a lot over the past couple of months. It's very surprising to see gaps in her knowledge, and I have to wonder if I was like that last year. And now I'm a proper person...Scary stuff!

No comments: