Thursday 26 April 2007

Practicals Done

Part one of the tortue is over, now for part 2 - the written exam. Today went ok for the most part. The horse exam was predictably evil with stupid horses doing stupid things and me also doing stupid things like forgetting how to age a stupid horse by its teeth. Follow? Good.

Exotics was slightly better. Loads of different animals to play with, but I had a total mind blank when asked what an iguana was. I managed to recover and figure out what a rabbit was, hold it, sex it etc. I even managed to hold a ferret properly and discuss their silly hormonal system which tries to kill them when they don't have sex.

Tomorrow is the written exam. I know nothing for the written exam. I've tried to learn, but it's really not going in. Looked over a past paper and nothing! Doomed. Doesn't help that I'm rather tired - apparently I can no longer cope without proper sleep for 2 days. Ah well. Back to the joys of animal nutrition. It'll all be over by 1200 tomorrow, then I only have to revise for the exam next week. Oh and work all weekend. Yay!

2 comments:

blog dog said...

Good luck for the writtens. How did it/they go?

Btw: How do you hold a ferret properly anyway???

blog dog said...

ok, this just says a lot about me, but it took until the second time of reading your post and wondering why you had said 'part one of the tortoise is over', to realise that in fact, you had actually said 'torture', and I am just a fool.

My apologies.

It id bring up some interesting mental images though.