Wednesday 19 September 2007

First Day

Actually today was the second day, but yesterday was really not very exciting. Today we were introduced to pharmacology, pathology and the surgery section of the course, and I'm glad to say it all looks really interesting. Except for pharmacology which just looks scary. My timetable isn't too bad just yet - quite a few half days, or at least some form of a break in the morning. I'm not entirely sure what to do on my break apart from go for a walk. At Summerhall there is always somewhere I can find to hide from everyone else because its in the middle of the city. At Bush there are less places to hide, especially on a rainy day.

I'm also perplexed by the message I have just picked up - apparently we are required to wear steel toe-capped boots tomorrow, not steel-capped wellies. I thought the entire point of the wellies was to use them through the years. Plus I'm due in classes in less than 12 hours. When exactly am I meant to find, buy and break in new shoes? Confused. This practical course looks like great fun though, and really interesting. Can't wait!

No comments: