Friday 30 November 2007

Masters

I've been debating doing a masters for a while now, and this week I attended a conference for vet students who were thinking about taking a year to do a BSc, MSc, or even a PhD. I've pretty much decided I would like to study some more, but there are so many different topics ranging all the way from animal behaviour to molecular immunology. I still have several problems though, the main one being my parents. The masters will probably be funded, but what if the vet tuition fees increase (again) during my year out? I will also miss my classmates. I suppose I could finish this course, graduate, and then study the masters, but the call of clinical work is really strong at the moment. Many options.

At the moment I have no time to think about this. My shifts at work aren't getting covered at the moment, so on top of lectures and practicals (which thankfully finished today) as well as revision I have to work until at least 2am today. And tomorrow. I can't mess these exams up.

2 comments:

blog dog said...

Masters = no (or much less) hands on puppy action.

Not that I can talk..

Dash said...

That too is a big factor. I really love the practical work, but then again I really enjoyed the research work I did previously. Something to think about a)not at 3am and b)after exams