Thursday 17 April 2008

Technique Book

There is a document online known as the technique book that we are meant to fill in each and every time we go on EMS. As the name suggests we tick off various procedures we accomplish during the time on placement. Some, such as IM or SC injection, get ticked off quite a bit whilst others, such as bitch spey, don't get ticked off much at all.

Over the holidays I accomplished much in the way of ticking bits off, but apart from various injections I don't feel comfortable doing on my own at all. Still feel I need adult supervision for loads of tasks and I guess I will for a while, probably until after graduation. The feeling of fear when I was stuck with my own unconscious patient and a scalpel will remain for a while, but so will the feeling of elation when the job was complete successfully.

No comments: