Friday 18 July 2008

So far

This week I have:
  • Operated on 3 animals
  • Worked for 19 hours straight
  • Looked after my own sick dog
  • Taken consultations
  • Discussed the pros and cons of treatments for numerous patients
  • Saved lives
  • Taken lives
  • Been urinated and vomited on. And covered in faeces
  • Worked with both small and large patients

Today though I was thanked by everyone at the practice where I've been doing my EMS for all the insane hard work. Great to know people enjoy working with me and trust me to do things. It gives me confidence I may survive this course after all! As my assessment put it:

"Extremely keen & very helpful, more than willing to put in extra hours. Contributes well to discussion of cases and has been invaluable this week for in-patient care. Basic surgical skills and confidence noticeably improved since last placement. Gets on well with all staff & clients. Can we keep him?"

I'd like to stay. Unfortunately I require money.

2 comments:

Sage said...

Hope your dog is feeling better, sounds like a fun week apart from some of the time.

How's the eye now?

Dash said...

Dog is in today for more blood tests so maybe back on the NSAIDs or steroids for her. We'll see.

Eye is mostly working, although sometimes a little gooey. Can see the suture quite nicely now! Re-exam in a couple of hours at the hospital.