Friday 13 February 2009

Horses And Revision

It's been a while! I can't really say I've been that busy really, but various things have meant there has been little spare time. So...

My Red Cross course has finished - I'm now a qualified first aider (again) and a member of the Red Cross. Now I have to complete the manual handling bit and some child protection nonsense before I can head out on duty. I think the course may help me be a better vet, and it has definitely improved my communication skills.

Friends I haven't seen for a while came up to visit this week. I haven't seen them for ages! They are getting married in July and now I'm tasked with creating a best man speech. Time to break out the powerpoint and embarrassing photos!

In less exciting news the equine and exotics course continues, and scarily we are close to finishing being taught about horses. Only a week to go! It's gone really really quickly and at the moment I know nothing. Mix these lectures in with some public health lectures and practicals as well as farm animal tutorials and practicals to keep us on our toes and we spend quite a bit of time out at Bush.

Next week is a statistics exam so we are all meant to be revising hard. Unfortunately it just isn't happening for me at the moment. I need some time to relax and catch up on sleep, but that time just isn't available.

On the plus side I now have a regular climbing partner and get to play at least once a week, and possibly twice. So far this week I've climbed about 200m on various routes. I should really make a note of this and keep adding to it.

No comments: