Monday 21 May 2007

3 Peaks

During my last visit to Wales I was asked by the vets I was working with if I would like to join them on the 3 peaks challenge this year. I decided this sounded like fun and I've always wanted to try it. I got a call last week asking if I was still up for it.

It's not going to be easy, especially given my week of work previously and the travel involved, but it does mean I get free transport home! We are planning to do this on June 30th. I'm working on a chicken farm until June 29th. And I need to move house.

The plan so far:
  • Monday 25th - Start chicken work. Also start to tidy flat and get ready to move out.
  • Thursday 28th - Finish moving things out of the flat. This could be an issue as I don't have anywhere else to live yet. Or anywhere to store stuff. I shall sleep in a sleeping bag tonight.
  • Friday 29th - Go to work. Get back home around 1800. Eat. Finish cleaning. Change kit load from smelly boiler suit to many thin layers. Load up with mars bars. The Welsh team are possibly coming to find me around midnight.
  • Saturday 30th - 0400. Start climbing Ben Nevis.
  • Saturday 30th - 0900. Get off Ben Nevis and drive south. Sleep in the car.
  • Saturday 30th - Unknown. Climb Scarfell Pike. Drive south and west. Sleep in the car.
  • Saturday 30th - Late. Climb Snowdon.
  • Saturday 30th - No later than 2300. Get off Snowdon. Get in to pub. Sleep in the car.
  • Sunday 1st - Die.
  • Monday 2nd - Start 3 weeks work with horses.
We shall see. Updates as and when I get more organised. The big thing is finding somewhere to store my stuff and somewhere to live. If all else fails I can store bits of kit in various locations around Edinburgh. Going to be a pain to get it back though.

No comments: