Sunday 13 May 2007

Parasites

My next challenge, apart from evil equids, is parasitology. It's been a while since I last looked over this stuff, but most of it seems to be in my brain somewhere. Revision seems to be working in this case, now I just need to get on with it. Today was mites, fleas and ticks. Fairly easy stuff to remember, these parasites are pretty boring apart from the diseases they can transmit. Lyme's disease, Yersinia pestis, tapeworms etc etc. All great fun.

After parasites comes viruses and bacteria. I may have the upper hand in these exams though. More about that at a later date. Then finally on May 31st comes "Body System 2" with the joy and excitement that is reproduction, large animal anatomy, neurology and something else I've possibly forgotten. This is possibly not the best of starts.

No comments: