Saturday 29 March 2008

Waiting

The grant application for my summer work has finally been finished and sent off, so now we just have to wait and see. Hopefully we will get the funding requested as apparently some companies have already expressed some interest in seeing how it turn out. Scary!

Now that there is no "proper" work left to do (apart from reading/re-reading endocrinology and cardiology notes) the weather has obviously taken a turn for the worse meaning my well laid plans to climb and/or go for a run on the beach have been cancelled. Normally I'd go to the indoor climbing wall but I lack a partner and the station is over 2 miles away. Yes, I am a wimp! In my defence all my waterproofs are either in Edinburgh or at the vets. Didn't think that one through really.

7 comments:

Steve Piercy said...

Hiya... if you fancy dragging a beginner along to the indoor climbing, in exchange for a lift and a heavy weight for the other end of your rope... let me know...!

Dash said...

Climbing partners are always welcome! Are you Wales or Edinburgh based?

Steve Piercy said...

Ah... Edinburgh. Are you Wales-bound at the moment?

Steve Piercy said...

Oops... just read the other post... yes, you are in Wales! Are you there all summer?

Dash said...

I should be back next week. Maybe. If I can figure out the trains. So far its going to take 9.43 hours and 6 changes...

Steve Piercy said...

Ouch....!

You could probably do it by bus quicker than that - and have a lovely stop off in sunny Blackpool!

Dash said...

Woo! Survived the journey. If you happen to be about the 'burgh and fancy a trip to alien rock let me know.