Wednesday 10 February 2010

Nursing

A new challenge this week - professional studies. We get assigned a section of the hospital and follow people around. Either nursing, pharmacy, reception or finance, and I got nursing.

For the most part I really like nurses, and have several really great friends that I've either worked with or know from various places who are vet nurses. They do an amazing job and are highly skilled.

Unfortunately this week has been very quiet in the hospital meaning we haven't actually done much! Most of my days have been spent studying for next week or chasing up radiologists for the scans I need. It's been fun though. Made some new friends, learned some new things, taught some things too. Must get on with creating cake for them for Friday.

Next week is equine anaesthesia. Watching an unsteady half-ton animal wake up from a general anaesthetic is just scary.