Wednesday 10 October 2007

Broke It!

That isn't me, but it very nearly was me after I managed to destroy hours of hard work on Saturday. I have now worked out that my computer is happy with the operating system it has, and to leave it alone. Bad things happen when you try to mess with that. Mostly fixed now though, so all is good.

In more fun vet related stuff we have finally finished introductory pathology and are progressing to systems pathology. It mainly seems to be bad if any part of the anatomy gives up at the moment. We have also had another fun practical - this time bandaging puppies! I got a great photo of my Robert Jones bandage on a sleepy Labrador. I'll post it when I get that bit of software installed.

I haven't slept right for a few days now, and am liable to slay the human on a moped if he is around at 1am again. Early night is called for. Bed and pharmacology. That usually sends me to sleep.

1 comment:

Steve Piercy said...

Been there, done that. My PC seems to have an 18-month life, after which, certain things vanish (like any networking ability or recognition of wireless adapters...), others appear (like BT softphone - i'm sure I deleted that!) and things just grind to a halt. 18 months. That's the most I've managed to go before having to delete everything and do a fresh installation. Good luck with your new one lasting to month 19.