Wednesday 24 October 2007

ECGs


Yesterday evening was the CPD lecture entitled "A Practical Guide To ECG" out at Bush. It was really interesting and I think I learned a lot. Not too sure how much I will remember, but I have the notes to look over. Some parts were more relevant to those in later years or clinicians, such as treatment options that we haven't been taught yet, but the main lecture and quiz was useful. Things we looked at included:

  • How to tell a sinus rhythm
  • If the rhythm is regular
  • If the abnormality lies above or below the annulus on the heart
  • How to determine heart rate from an ECG
  • Common problems
  • Common diagnoses
There is a load of more information in each of those section that I will forget, especially as my home practice doesn't have an ECG machine to practice with. I'm thinking about going along to more of these sessions although it is difficult to get there.

No comments: