Tuesday 28 September 2010

Meeting Freshers

I'm back in Edinburgh and helping out with a few of my old societies during the rush. This means meeting a whole bunch of new people, mostly freshers. They aren't all bad by a long shot, but I had this conversation at the sports open day last week...

Me> So what do you study?

Fresher> Oh, I'm a vet student.

Me> Just started? How's it going?

F> Yeah we've just done the first week. It's really easy so far, I expected it to be harder. We went out to Langhill farm and had to practice handwashing. They gave us cold water! And we have to have an exam on handwashing in December when the water will be colder! This is terrible.

Me> Don't you think you may have to put up with that kind of thing as a vet?

*cue 10 minute talk about how great she was and shouldn't have to put up with it*

F> So...what do you study?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL As I'm a fresher as well, it's pretty embarrassing that she is complaining about cold water. I wonder how she is going to react when poo and other bodily fluids land on her. ;D