Wednesday 13 June 2007

Training

I've had all sorts of training in my life. I've been trained to work with animals. I've been trained to handle casualties, both human and animal. I've been trained how to handle firearms. I've been trained how to care for viruses. I've been trained how to move heavy stuff. I've been trained how to run. I've been trained how to throw. I've been trained how to dive. I've been trained to do bar work. I've even had some communication skills training

What my training so far lacks is how to deal with human females. I'm sorry to those of you that are them, but to be honest, you are weird. I have endured a date. It did not go well. I couldn't speak my mind for I had no mind. I couldn't express my feelings in any way, shape or form. I was reduced to a fact spurting mess. And not even fun stuff like it is possible to exanguinate a human in 5.6 seconds, but it takes longer in a cow (I blame the internal carotids). Nooooo. That would have been far too sensible. Instead questions on family, work, travel etc. I could not say "I'm sorry I have no intelligent conversation, but I find you attractive. If you would consider dating me you will find I'm not a gibbering wreck. Honest!*". I couldn't even express my "fun" insanity. It probably didn't help that I saw two of her.

I hate my brain. And my lack of training. Now how am I meant to know if she hates me or not? Bloody humans.

* I wouldn't really say this. I hope.

2 comments:

blog dog said...

So, did she call you? Did she text?

We are like, So Excited about this. Flatmate never gets to go dating anymore. - We want the proxy experience!

You are our dating emissary.

Go forth and DATE.

(Just blog about it for us too...)

Dash said...

No calls or texts as of yet. I am not good at this sort of thing. Not sure if I'm meant to call her or what. Bloody human mating rituals.

I have to say the whole dating thing is rather pants. There may be very little forth and dating, although I promise to blog about it.