Wednesday 15 August 2007

Broken Again

It's been a strange night, as well as really really painful. The pain started at about 2100 and was located on the inside of my thigh, but only on the left hand side. It was a strange pain, it would build up then release, radiating down my leg. It was bloody sore. The first lot only took about 30 mins to go away so I just assumed I'd been sitting wrong. No such luck.

The pain was back later on in short bursts, but the worst has to be at about midnight when I was woken with it - a very sore area that just built up until I felt like screaming. And repeat every 7 seconds. No sleep is not what I need before an exam. At 0200 there were no signs of relief and so with the advice of someone I called NHS24. And then it stopped. Bloody typical.

Then it started again. I phoned NHS24 again, they told me to take painkillers and go see the doctor in the morning. I think I eventually got 3 hours sleep last night if I was lucky. Went to see my doctor. He thinks I've trapped something and so I need to rest and take many many drugs. Many. Oh and if it happens in an exam I'm to hop around a bit in pain and leave if I need to. And then take drugs.

So here I am at uni trying to hunt down my DoS to inform her of this incident which may affect my exam performance. But she isn't here. So I'm going home to revise.

No comments: