Monday 30 July 2007

Back Again

Well I'm at work again and for a little longer this time. I was at work for 19 hours yesterday (think of the money, think of the money) and something stupid like 20 hours planned today with the joy of keg moving at 7am. Not really the ideal way to spend my morning, but never mind.

Tonight I do have a friend around keeping me company. He is off guarding another section of the building but we are in radio contact and maintaing the perimeter. I could actually do with some company in here because the ice machine is doing its best to scare me to death. First its the rattling of ice that sounds like footsteps. Then the coughing noise as the chiller turns off. Then the random clunking noises it makes for the hell of it. It may be the only thing keeping me awake for the next 3 hours before other people arrive, but I wish it wouldn't. I'm sure it doesn't make these noises during the day.

It really doesn't help that I've taken my glasses off to read and I keep seeing things out of the corner of my eyes. Not actual hallucinations just yet. Maybe soon. The flickering is in single vision, that's how I know it's not real.

No comments: