Monday 16 July 2007

Leaving Home

When I leave here on Tuesday it will be the last time I am at this house, there will be no more home for me. There hasn't really been home for a few years now, ever since I arrived home to find my bed gone from my rom and having to sleep in the spare room, but now the house itself will be gone. It struck me today as I was walking back from the pub, wandering down a dark lane, not really paying much attention, but knowing where I was going. Usually I am able to wander home from the pub in the village and watch the stars. This will be no more. Can't really go in to any more detail, it's hard to write it down. I'm just sad.

2 comments:

blog dog said...

Poor you.

That sounds rubbish. We've moved more times than we can remember over the years but are so lucky to actually feel like we have a home in Edinburgh now, and I'm lucky in having a Blogdog to trail around with me who makes anywhere feel like home.

Am hoping you'll still have somewhere you can go back to to see the puppy.

It started raining in Edinburgh today btw after a weekend of beautiful sunshine while everywhere else was raining. We think it might be preparing for your return? We are blaming you anyway.

Dash said...

I've moved around a bit, but I've always had that home base where I could retreat to if necessary. At least there will be puppy :)

I'd blame me for the weather, although it was great here today. I'm sure it will get sunny in time for exams.