Monday 16 July 2007

Good Day

It's all be fairly doom and gloom recently, and I'm bored of that. Today was great though it didn't start off too well. I went to visit old friends.

I was doing some computer work for a friend so was late leaving and had to run for the train. Good to know it takes 6 minutes to run to the station still, even with a big bag and boots. Not great as my time for a mile, but I'll get better. The train was dead on time for a change, I was shocked!

It was 1030 when I arrived at my destination - the vet practice where I've been seeing some practice for about 10 years now. Lots has changed, but there are a few people I know, including the guys who went up the 3 peaks. I had a chat with a few people, then got invited to stay for a bit. There was a plan to get the 1230 train home, but some of the vets were away on calls, so I decided to stick around. A good choice as everyone I wanted to see arrived after lunch, including some surprise guests who I really hadn't expected to see.

We messed around for most of the day doing very little work apart from putting up some shelves in the kennels and looking at an old Labrador. Most of the time was spent drinking tea and catching up. There is one vet who went to Edinburgh as well a few years ago, so we spent a while talking about different lecturers and places in Edinburgh.

I got a lift home afterwards, so no running for me. The weather cleared up too so I could take puppy for a walk. It was great to catch up and reinforce my ties with the practice. I hope to do most of my clinical EMS there, but I'll need to find somewhere to stay.

No comments: