Saturday 7 July 2007

Weekend

First week of evil horses done, and so far they don't seem to be that bad. I think I must just be lucky and be dealing with decent example of the species. I'm learning lots about their husbandry though, which is the point of the exercise. I just wish I'd been there before the practical handling exam. May have been useful.

Today I managed to get away for a couple of hours climbing at the local leisure centre. Well, I say climbing, but really I was only bouldering due to a lack of other people who could belay for me. The walls look fairly simple, but I'm getting bored being stuck around ground level all the time. Maybe I shall stand outside with a sign tomorrow. Today was nice and sunny as well, so I decided to walk back home. Only about 3 miles, but it took me an hour with the diversion for ice cream. I hadn't had a cornetto in years!

No comments: