Saturday 14 July 2007

EMS Is No More

My time with the horses has come to an end, and I was suprisingly sad to leave. It was like saying goodbye to a bunch of new friends I had grown to know over the past few weeks, each with their different traits and personalities. I'm probably not meant to pick a favourite, but it would be a close call between Holly and Merlin.

Merlin would be nearly the ideal horse to learn to ride on, and he was the best to practice various bits and pieces on as he was very laid back. I honestly think I could have started operating on him and he wouldn't have cared. He'd just look on with his big brown eyes and droopy lip, then go back to munching his bed.

Holly was more of a character than Merlin - if she didn't like what you were doing she would misbehave. Not badly i.e. kicking, rearing, but she would move around, lift her head to stop you putting the bridle on, that kind of thing. She has a devious streak which I found out when I was sent to worm her.

All of the horses were great, the puppies at the place were great and the people I was working with were great. They spent a lot of time explaining things to me that would have been very useful for the horse practical exam. Ah well.

No comments: